What do I do?
I help companies, investors’ law firms, insurance companies and end-users of telematics and vehicle tracking services better understand telematics and associated services.
That may be a fleet operator who has implemented telematics and wants to review it they are getting the best from the system installed, or an operational review of an existing Telematics implementation. Investors who want to understand the market sector, current trends and future developments, or a telematics service provider who wants to benchmark their product or service against others in their target sector. Or a law firm requiring technical analysis of vehicle tracking data.
Expertise and Experience Summary
With over 30 years in the telematics and mobile data industries I have extensive experience within both rapidly expanding start-ups and large international companies. Roles covered all aspects of product development, technology consultancy, market analysis and competitive reviews, sales and sales management, technical support and customer management.
Technical and commercial expertise in telematics, location services, mobile solution (M2M / IOT) development, sales and operations, Telematics SaaS platforms, including Big Data applications, in both UK and international markets.
Key attributes are the ability to understand complex technical issues and translate those into commercial benefits, both to the company and the customer.
- Market opportunity analysis and competitor reviews, including new product and service market analysis;
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering new business, direct sales at C-Level and extensive RFP Tendering experience, public and private sector;
- Management of internal and external sales teams, development strategies and business plans including P/L responsibility;
- Thorough understanding of the value of entrepreneurial activity in both start-up and established company structures and an in-depth understanding of the delivery of technology based solutions resulting in increased company revenues and profitability.
- Managing telematics hardware and software product development teams;
- Analysis of telematics data for driver behaviour analysis and operational reviews;
- Technical subject matter expert for insurance telematics legal proceedings and Expert witness for Court cases;
- Product testing and technical reviews.
Nigel Porter’s LinkedIn Profile:
As a Telematics consultant Nigel Porter helps companies, investors and end-users of telematics and vehicle tracking services better understand telematics and associated services
Please visit Telematicsconsultancyservices.co.uk for full information on telematics products and services available including Quartix vehicle tracking. Telematics Consultancy Services is both an Approved Partner of Quartic, VisionTrack and Kinesis Telematics.